May 2021 | Around the Pontchartrain Basin
WHAT IS STORM SWEEP?
Pontchartrain Conservancy will hold its Sixth annual Storm Sweep (previously known as Spring Sweep) as a month designated to clean up the Lake Pontchartrain Basin this May. Hurricane season is on the way, and we intend to be prepared! You can help prepare our communities for the coming summer rains. Join us for a catch basin and neighborhood clean-up, become an event sponsor, or both! Together we'll remove trash and debris so that our catch basins can adequately route stormwater out of our neighborhoods.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Steps to register:
1. Identify your cleanup area. We suggest picking your neighborhood or area of your choice!
2. Register yourself by clicking the button below!
3. Make sure to sign the Volunteer Release Form!
4. Download the Clean Swell app!
Participants should follow these guidelines due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic:
- Do not gather in large crowds
- Pick a safe and socially distanced location to cleanup
- Make sure you are in good health before the cleanup
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands frequently before, during, and after the cleanup
- Wear a mask and remain six feet apart if cleaning up with others
- Properly dispose of waste after tracking it
- Sanitize all supplies used after the cleanup
To proudly demonstrate your commitment to the safety and prosperity of our region, we invite you to participate as an event sponsor.
CLEAN SWELL APP
We want to help you track your impact! You can track how much and what kind of debris you picked up through the Clean Swell app.
Rather use pen and paper? You can download a data card here. Please be sure to email us your results so we can share what all of our volunteers accomplished!