May 2021 | Around the Pontchartrain Basin
WHAT IS STORM SWEEP?
Pontchartrain Conservancy is hosting Storm Sweep as a month designated to clean up the Lake Pontchartrain Basin this May and to promote education about storm preparedness. Hurricane season is on the way, and we intend to be prepared! Together we'll remove trash and debris so that our catch basins can adequately route stormwater out of our neighborhoods and our waterways can be litter-free!
You can choose the cleanup location that best fits your schedule or participate in multiple cleanups. You can also sign up as an individual or family and pick your own location to clean up in May. Just make sure you track the trash you pick up using the Clean Swell App! GROUPS CAN JOIN LOCATIONS ON THE MAP!
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A CLEANUP?
Steps to register:
1. Register yourself by clicking the button below
2. Make sure to sign the Volunteer Release Form
3. Be on the lookout for a finalized map of cleanup locations and dates around the Pontchartrain Basin by the end of April
4. Let us know what location you choose
5. Download the Clean Swell app to track litter picked up
6. Have a great time ending litter!
Participants should follow these guidelines due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic:
- Do not gather in large crowds
- Make sure you are in good health before the cleanup
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands frequently before, during, and after the cleanup
- Wear a mask and remain six feet apart if cleaning up with others
- Properly dispose of waste after tracking it
- Sanitize all supplies used after the cleanup
Click on the location on the map to see the
CLEAN SWELL APP
We want to help you track your impact! You can track how much and what kind of debris you picked up through the Clean Swell app.
Rather use pen and paper? You can download a data card here. Please be sure to email us your results so we can share what all of our volunteers accomplished!