WHAT IS BEACH SWEEP?
Beginning Sept. 19, 2020 | Around the Pontchartrain Basin
Beach Sweep is the biggest community cleanup in Southeastern Louisiana. Last year we picked up trash from our streets, catch basins, and waterways around the basin.
All throughout the region, we can care for the neighborhoods and areas that drain into the Pontchartrain Basin. We'll clean curbs, ditches, and storm drains on city streets and rural roadways.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Steps to register:
1. Identify your cleanup area. We suggest picking your neighborhood or area of your choice!
2. Register yourself by clicking the button below!
3. Make sure to sign the Volunteer Release Form!
4. Download the Clean Swell app!
Participants should follow these guidelines due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic:
- Do not gather in large crowds
- Pick a safe and socially distanced location to cleanup
- Make sure you are in good health before the cleanup
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands frequently before, during, and after the cleanup
- Wear a mask and remain six feet apart if cleaning up with others
- Properly dispose of waste after tracking it
- Sanitize all supplies used after the cleanup
CLEAN SWELL APP
We want to help you track your impact! You can track how much and what kind of debris you picked up through the Clean Swell app.