Lesson Plan – Marsh Restoration
Students investigate a small urban marsh resotration project and explore the impacts it has on the flora and fauna at the mouth of Bayou Saint John. They identify unexpected side effects of the project and work together to propose their own mini-marsh restoration project.
- Determing the benefits of small marsh restoration projects
- Tracking the process and progress of a marsh restoration project
- Identifying unexpected outcomes of small restoration projects
- Designing an urban mini-marsh restoration project for their school grounds
- Organizing and communicating the take-aways from this exploration
Students will identify the benefits of smaller marsh restoration projects.
Students will track the progress and monitoring of a specific urban marsh project.
Students will identify the unexpected outcomes of a small restoration project.
Students will design an urban mini-marsh restoration project.
Visit "Compensating for Wetland Losses Under the Clean Water Act: Outcomes of Wetland Restoration and Creation" and read the following PC report for background on this topic.